Hi all!! Today I have another tag which I, as usual, intended to do quite some time ago. But, better late than never I suppose. I’m really excited about the questions on here, so let’s get right to it! Big thank you to Cherry over at Letters to the Lost for the tag.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer all the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your blog post.
- How did you come up with your blog name?
I know that a lot of people have thoughtful and meaningful origins for their blog names, but mine was actually quite simple. I used to have a globe on my bookshelf that showed the constellations, and it was next to me when I was first creating my blog and trying to come up with a title for it. I knew that I wanted the word “stories” in my blog name, and that’s where I got the idea for “stardust!”
- What is your most anticipated release of this year?
A lot of my anticipated released have already come out, but I am really looking forward to “Our Violent Ends” by Chloe Gong coming out this November.
- What’s your most recent read?
I recently finished “Malibu Rising” by Taylor Jenkins Reid and absolutely adored it. Fun fact: I read the ebook while standing in line for a roller coaster at an amusement park. (review for this one coming soon!)
- Who is your top auto buy author?
As of right now, Sabaa Tahir! She just announced a new book, and I know that I will be hitting that preorder button as soon as the link is made available.
- What is your favorite aesthetic?
Oooh, this is kind of a tough one. I get infatuated with things I’m passionate about quite easily, but then I fall out of those phases just as fast. Only a few weeks ago, it was all about dark academia for me, but now I’m in a real pirate-y mood (I just sat on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland a couple days ago, so it’s fresh in my mind). Plus, I have always loved the movies, so it’s an aesthetic I come back to often! Other contenders are dark royalty, Paris/old Europe, and city at night aesthetics.
- What is your favorite form of creativity?
It’s a toss up between fiction writing and oil painting. Both can consume me for hours.
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
More than anything, I love talking about the books I’ve read and enjoyed, so I adore how blogging gives me the outlet to discuss them with other people.
- If you could automatically know any language, which would it be?
I would love to know how to speak Arabic. I can read and write it, but I truly wish that I had taken the chance to also learn how to speak it when I was younger.
- What are your favorite tropes?
Academic rivals!! Not rivals to lovers, but when they remain rivals. That begrudging respect, the knowledge that they are definitely capable, while simultaneously detesting them, the constant competition and rare acquiescence, the intimacy that comes with having to know someone well enough to best them, the way arguments can spiral out of control due to passion. I love it, and will read any book that contains it.
- What are your least favourite tropes?
Prophecies, love triangles, insta love, pregnancy, and worst of all “I chased away all of your suitors because I wanted you but I wasn’t brave enough to tell you.”
- What is your favourite book quote of all time?
This masterful line from Lovely War by Julie Berry: “If music stops, & art ceases, & beauty fades, what have we then?”
I nominate the following bloggers (if you have already done this tag, apologies and please disregard this! Feel free to drop the link to your post in the comments ❤ ):
- What is one book that you would recommend to anyone?
- What is a series whose next book you are eagerly awaiting?
- Is there any author that you have read all of their published works?
- What is your favorite setting in a book that you’ve read?
- How long does it usually take you to finish reading a book?
- Do you prefer to binge read series or read the installments as they are published?
- Which fictional book character would you like to spend a day with? (in our world or theirs!)
- In your opinion, who is the best book villain (from what you have read)?
- Do you annotate your books?
- Ebook, audiobook, or physical copy?
- Best book to take on a road trip/any vacation?
- Prettiest book on your shelves? (include a photo!)
That’s all for today, and thank you all so much for reading! Please do check out all those bloggers that I’ve tagged; their pages are all amazing and I’m sure you’ll find that you love their posts just as much as I do. Happy Reading!